Monday, August 06, 2007

Ranting and Raving

Tonight, I had a meeting with God. It was more like me getting all my frustrations out and God just listening. But it was more than that. He promises that when I seek Him with all of my heart, I will find Him. By seeking I mean demanding that He show up. This might seem incredibly bold but I did this because His word also says that I may approach His throne with boldness.

In a study that I did not too long ago I learned what it means to earnestly seek God. One verse that stood out from this study was Hebrews 11:6 "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."

seek
Greek Strong's Number:1567
Transliteration: ekzeteo
Part of speech: v
1)to seek out, search for
2)to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise
3)to seek for one's self, beg, crave
4)to demand back, require

So tonight I was seeking God to come help me make sense of so many parts of my life that I just don't understand right now. I was demanding that He speak to my heart so that I knew He was with me helping me work through my struggles. Needless to say, God showed up, I knew He would. I still don't understand everything but I know that I am loved and I know that God is lighting the path for me to walk. As I was finishing up my journaling, I felt God telling me to go the the music section at Boarders (I was at a cafe near by). He said there was something there He wanted me to hear. So I went. I didn't know what I was looking for but it didn't take me long to find what God wanted to tell me. As I glanced over the top 10 sellers for the month it was like this CD jumped off the shelf. On the cover is said, Featuring: You Are Loved (Don't Give Up). It was the Josh Groban album: AWAKE. I bought the CD, went home, listened to this song and wept. Like I said, tonight I had a meeting with God. The maker of my heart came to mend it and speak to me in a special way, a way that is personal to who I am and what I needed in that moment.

No comments: