Thursday, August 23, 2007

a few ramblings

Ok. Just for the record...

If it is Monday...Yes, we have choir! What time? 11:40 just like every Monday.

If it is Thursday...Yes, WE HAVE CHOIR! What time? 11:40 Like every Thursday!!!

If it is Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday...NO! WE DO NOT HAVE CHOIR!!!

Many students seem to feel the need to ask me every single day if we have choir, by now, I look at them and ask,"What day is it?" To which one may respond, "It's Tuesday Miss." Me: "Do we have choir on Tuesdays?" Student: "No." Me: "Ok then."
Good grief, I can't believe how many students have issues with this.

Another one..just humor me please.

Let's say it's Monday and, yes, we do have choir. Student: "Miss, what time is choir today?" Me: "What time do we have choir every Monday and Thursday?" Student: "Ummm...11:00" Me: "No, 11:40, we have choir at the same time every Monday and Thursday." Student: "Ok, see you later." Now, if it were the second week of school, this question would not bother me...maybe even the third, but NOW we have been having choir rehearsal for a few months! Get it straight people! Another adjustment is that some students seem to think 11:40 means 11:50, 12:00 or even 12:10!!!! Ok, if the student comes with a note saying he/she was taking a test or something, fine, but otherwise these kids need to have their bums in their seats at 11:40! I really don't think this is unreasonable. It may be a South Pacific cultural thing to start later than the the posted time and that's ok, but when it comes to school and class, you can't just say, "Oh I'll get there when I get there."
Alright, I think I'm ok now.

Totally unrelated to the previous part of the post(hence the title) but still relevant to my life is something I feel God is challenging me with recently. That being, worshiping by taking care of my physical body. A passage in Scripture that I was reminded of the other day is 1 Corinthians 6:19-20:

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

God has been challenging me to eat healthier and exercise not just because it's good for me, but because it honors Him and is a way to worship Him. In the past six weeks I have not done so well with this and I can tell it has made a difference in me physically and Spiritually. This week I'm in the process of re-evaluating some of my habits and changing them. Another Scripture that comes to mind is
1 Corinthians 10:31: So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do; do it all for the glory of God. If my desire is to love the Lord and glorify Him fully, then I need to make some changes in the way I'm taking care of myself. Praise the Lord for bringing this to my attention and giving me the strength to and courage to listen to Him.

No comments: