On Wednesday I took nine students to a ukulele rehearsal with about 300 other kids! It was hilarious and fun. My students are going to have a great time with the ukulele. In November my kids will be part of the biggest Ukulele festival Auckland has ever had. The goal is to have at least 500 students playing in the Ukulele orchestra. There are also professional players coming from Canada, Tonga, NZ, and the U.S. It should be a great event and if you are in Auckland on November 3, I highly suggest coming to the Kiwi Ukulele Festival.
Tonight we took the youth group to Clip and Climb along with the Papakura youth group, that was tons of fun too. We even had four new girls come along! That was totally great. I hope they come back, they were really sweet girls.
Tomorrow we have CIA again and I'm looking forward to another great week of that. Last time we had five new kids, so I'm anxious to see if those kids come back, or if we get even more new kids! That would be great too! After CIA I'm headed off to Cession Community for a Zebulun concert. Zebulun is a Christian rock band from Auckland and Cession is having this concert as an outreach event for youth and young adults, I'll be helping out with serving food and whatever else is needed.
This weekend isn't going to be quite as crazy as last weekend but that is totally ok. I'm sure I'll still get out and do some hiking, probably out by the west coast beaches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment