Thursday, July 02, 2009

In the States

Hey Hey...shout out from LAX. I am finally in the States for the first time in a year and a half:) I can hardly believe it. It's so crazy! Funny thing...the hardest thing for me to remember is what way to look first when crossing the road! Don't forget traffic is all coming from the opposite direction, yikes.
Well, I had a very nice flight so far. I sat next to two nice girls on the plane ride, one going home to Germany after spending about 9 months living here with her boyfriend and now they will live in Germany for a while. The other girl is a student who just finished a semester abroad in Wellington, NZ, she is from Rhode Island. I slept a bit, chatted a while, watched a movie and a half and before I knew it, I was arriving in LA.  Now is the hard part! I have to stay here until 8pm or so and then fly to San Fran...and then to Chicago in the morning, where I will be greeted by my wonderful parents! 
To ease the pain of my long lay-over in LA, I went for a walk to IN-N-OUT, a burger place which was so so so good! 

I enjoyed a tasty cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake! 
Though I think I said, "chips" when I ordered the fries and had to correct myself:)
It was totally typical American fast food...but better. 
Well, I will sign off for now and might log-in when I'm in San Fran, but I might just wait until I'm all the way home too:) Thanks to those who saw me off in Auckland...and Brent, I will let you imagine how wonderful that IN-N-OUT tasted, you're allowed to be jealous:) 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I knew something was wrong with the world today when I got up... Sara has gone... but she will be back for her chips apparently :)

B said...

my mouth is watering and my face is in a half angry frown because i am not there

BJ said...

In and Out Burger. Such an unfortunate name for a burger chain where hygeine and a track record of keeping what went in, in, would be important you'd think...

I went to Mr Burger the other day here in the US. It was about as good as the name.