Monday, July 20, 2009

Bitter-Sweet

This morning was a bitter-sweet morning. I began my journey back to Auckland. My dear friend Kelly and my parents came to see me off. I didn't hold back the tears completely but I think I did pretty well. I am currently in San Francisco Airport chilling for a long while! I had planned to check my bag in and then go on some type of adventure. However, when I arrived Air NZ was closed and doesn't open until 5pm for check-in. If I were to go on an adventure, I'd have to store my bags at the travel agency and it would be an expensive adventure....so I'm staying here. 

In the process of writing this entry, I just met the most lovely mother and daughter traveling together also heading back to New Zealand tonight. I have just spent the past hour or so chatting to them, getting to know them a bit and sharing stories. I will likely spend most of the day with them today and enjoy many interesting conversations between now and our flight out at 9pm tonight. May God bless this time in all ways He sees fit and praise Him for the safety of my travel thus far. 

I am looking forward to arriving in New Zealand in the morning and catching up with many friends there. I will also be jumping in at school on Wednesday, I don't think I'd be able to go right from the plane to the classroom. This next week, real life starts again, I've been living in holiday mode for the past two weeks and it has been an immense blessing. I will update with more pictures and stories from the time at home when I can load up some pictures. 

No comments: