I had a wonderful time with family up in Ludington, MI, about 2 hours from Holland. We spent a long 4th of July weekend up north and enjoyed a bit a pardise in the Michigan sunshine. Friday, I was able to see some of my mom's side of the family. We enjoyed fishing on the pontoon boat(and on shore) as well as spending time with grandparents.
Analise, Nick and I also had fun swimming and taking goofy pictures under water:)
On Saturday, I was able to visit with some of my Dad's side of the family, we had a full on weekend of family togetherness at Laman's Landing-the park where my parents have mobile home, bach type of get-a-way.
A few of the Dekker cousins who came to visit from Holland and from Wisconsin.
My brother even managed to get me up for a 5am fishing trip on Lake Michigan, the photo above is a picture of him netting a King Salmon that my cousin Chris just brought in. Below is the Sunrise on Saturday morning...so beautiful:)



I happened to be the only one from our group that decided in absolutely nessasary to float all the way to the Lake, I couldn't imagine getting out 3/4ths of the way down, thankfully my family is patient and allowed me to indulge myself all the way to the end of the river:)
Well, that's the update after the first weekend of my holiday in Michigan, I'm sure there will be more to come as God blesses this time that I have at home.

No comments:
Post a Comment