Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week of Blessings

It's another one of those night for me tonight...the kind where I can't wrap my mind around what I'm actually thinking. It's been a while since my last post...mostly due to the fact that I can't find my camera and I have some great pics I've been waiting to post and the other reason is that my power cord died and I had to find a new one to actually charge my computer. Anyway, I've had a weekend of checking off my to-do lists. I still have a ways to go right now but I'm getting there. I did find a new cord for my computer at the fourth store I went to, two of which had never seen this type of cord...those one's ought to update their inventory and computer knowledge a bit I think. I was able to get a few things fixed on my car this weekend, which will help me pass my warrant of fitness and update my registration. Two very important things for driving around legally in New Zealand:)

This brings me to the first blessing I will share with you. On Saturday I went to have my warrant done on the car, it didn't pass. I needed new break pads in the back and a new light in the front and I needed to get the door working from the inside behind the driver-side door. I asked the guy how much it would cost to have it done there and could he do it the same day...he said it would cost about $220.00 and he could start but didn't think he'd get the light bit fixed. (I needed the plastic bit, not just a bulb) I said thanks but I might be back, I'd go talk to a friend first. So I did and am I glad I did that. i went over to the Williams place and talked to Peter about what my car needed. He was able to put new break pads on and even went with me to the auto store to get the right ones. Then I called around to find the light that i needed and found one for $25 at a used parts place. It ended up that the back door was on child-lock (who knew I even had child-lock??). So I found my car fixed and ready for a warrant $65 bucks later as opposed to $220. God is so good!!!

As I'm writing this post I decided it would be cool to post one blessing every day this week instead of giving it all to you now:) I think this will be more fun and hopefully sometime throughout the week I'll find that camera and start posting some more beautiful pictures!

No comments: