Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Listen For My Heart


Prayer. Often I find myself going on and on...then I remember it's not the number of words I use to talk with God it's the sincerity of my heart that speaks to the Spirit. I tend to go in and out of seasons of praying boldly and praying just to pray. I'm not sure why this is, but right now I find myself just wanting to run to Jesus, sit at his feet and just be. Just to be in His presence and know that I am in the shelter of the most High God.

This song by Beautiful feet is playing on repeat on my computer right now. It describes this season of my life so perfectly.

Listen For My Heart

Lord I run to Your feet, my favorite place to be,
So eager to sit with You,
Lord I want You to see, what resides in me, all the love for You.

On high You reign, You're the God of everything
Earth and sky obey, they declare Your majesty
How can I convey, when all I am is me?

Lord I have so much to say, a thousand prayers to pray, but what will turn Your ear?
Lord I love You so, I just need You to know, Jesus I hope you hear...

On high You reign, You're the God of everything,
Earth and sky obey, they declare Your majesty,
How can I convey, when I all I am is me?

Lord I have so much to say that I don't know where to start,
but when my words all fade, won't You listen for my hear? Please hear my heart.

On high You reign You're the God of everything,
earth and sky obey, they declare Your majesty,
How can I convey, when all I am..is me?

Lord I run to Your feet, my favorite place to be, so eager to sit with You.

No comments: