Wednesday, April 16, 2008

me, book, cell free

Tonight I skipped netball. I have not had a night in weeks that I spent any time home really. I have been on the go every minute...or so it seems. Obviously, by my own choice because I Could say, "no" sometimes, but I'm not very good at that. Anyway, I stayed home and made dinner and enjoyed doing it. I took my time cooking, being particular, not rushed. Then I sat down and ate slowly. I was not in a hurry to do anything or be anywhere. This was relaxing and refreshing. After a bit I did leave to go read in my spot at Starbucks down in Mission Bay. However, I did not bring my phone. It was me, my book, and cell free. It was such a relief not to have it with me for just a bit. No coffee tonight though, just juice...I didn't want to keep my mind going and going all night:)

When I came home..there was a message: "Hi Sara, would you bring two pieces of KFC chicken and a soft drink, I'll pay you later." I had no idea who sent it and the first thought that went through my head was,
"Where in the world was I supposed to be tonight?" For the life of me I couldn't think of any place and I didn't recognize the number. Then my flatmate said that it was her. Well, sorry she didn't get her KFC but at least I hadn't forgotten where I was meant to be. Today was a strange day after the craziness of yesterday, but I needed a night like tonight. I know the Lord has me in the shelter of His wings.

No comments: