Tonight I went to an art exhibition for a dear friend and then out for coffee and long talks. It was good. That seems like such a simple description for time spent investing in relationship, but honestly, it was good. Good for my schedule(spontaneous), good for my heart, and good just to hear others process through life and be whatever encouragement I can be.
Life, Real Life, isn't about going to work everyday. It's not about making phone calls, organizing schedules, it's not about making sure life is "running like a well-oiled machine." Life is about taking one day as it is, a gift from God, and giving it back to Him as an offering of worship through living each moment as it happens. Sometimes life does make sense and sometimes it does go smoothly, but other times we wonder how life could be more confusing or complicated. Our only choice is to live it and accept the grace that gives us the ability enjoy the good days and learn from the confusing and complicated ones.
Mmmm...loving others well and demonstrating the love of Christ, this is what I love. I am a 'relator" meaning that I enjoy knowing people and knowing them well enough to love them well. I had an opportunity to do that tonight and it brings a smile to my heart.
Living each day full of the life and love of Christ in order to grow the Kingdom and bring honor to God, the giver of Life. Now this is a challenge that will take a lifetime:)

No comments:
Post a Comment