My latest random adventure was a day trip to Thames, Coromandel and the Kauaeranga Vally. The above picture is a taken from a scenic lookout while driving through the Coromandel Peninsula. The views were continually breathtaking! I was only a couple hours from Auckland but it felt like I was in the jungle. You can see that in the picture below:)
My friend Joanne and I decided to go for a day trip. I enjoy random day trips like this emensly. We started out by going to the Kauaeranga Vally because we were going to a "pool" in the middle of the bush. It's not actually a pool like you would think, it's a spot in the river where the water pools up, great for swimming and jumping off rocks. I didn't get my nerve up to jump this time, but I think I will next time.
After swimming for a while, we went for a bit of a drive down a long gravel road then a short walk and we came to the bridge in the above picture. So Cool! The water was really low at this point in the river, but the swing bridge was great fun.
Then it was off to Thames for lunch, where we found our favorite Subway:) After that, we drove up the coast for about an hour enjoying the beautiful landscape, until we arrived in Coromandel. We drove up into the hills a bit to take in the sights and enjoy God's absolutely amazing creation, then we started on our way back home. This day was truly great and I know why i enjoy spending quality time with people outdoors....it's always an adventure!

No comments:
Post a Comment