Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Food for thought

God is still teaching me about faith, His faithfulness, and trusting His faithfulness. Today, I read this quote from the study, "Living Free" by Beth Moore.

"Christ isn't asking us to believe in our ability to exercise unwavering faith. He is asking us to believe that He is able."

This is a huge idea to process. I find so much hope in it. Recently, there have been countless times when I know God is teaching me something, but I must plead for Him to increase my faith. I know that He is able to do whatever He wants or chooses to do, I also know that He does what He says He will do. At the same time, it's like God is trying to get my head knowledge to connect with faith in my heart in order to sincerely believe Him. Anyway, that's what I've been chewing on today.

On a more light-hearted note, I was able to go to the beach today with my friend Joanne. We had a wonderful time relaxing in the sun and swimming. Joanne and I also decided to be accountability partners to encourage each other and grow in our spiritual walks. I feel very blessed by her friendship. My dear friend Julia also celebrated her engagement today and it was a joy to go celebrate with her. Today was a wonderful holiday. I'm headed back to school to finish up the week tomorrow and friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks buddy - I feel blessed to know you too. And the beach was fun....nothing like a holiday, a beach, a good friend, and a whole lot of sunshine. Enjoy the rest of your week!!!!!

BJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BJ said...

Hey Sarah - I didn't know you blogged! Come visit sometime www.jonesboy.blogspot.com