Sunday, November 04, 2007

Making Plans


Proverbs 16:1 says: In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

James 4:16 says: Now listen, those who say,'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.'

Right now I am preparing to come back to New Zealand next year. I have recently purchased a plane ticket back to NZ for the end of January. At the same time, I have a full understanding that God might redirect my steps. I cannot say, I will be in the U.S. for only a month, I can say that is my plan at the moment. Recently, I discovered that one of my strengths is adaptability. This means that I do well living one day at a time and taking on life as it comes at me. I remember when I took the job at Tamaki Intermediate and then moved to the other side of the world two weeks later. God just gives me the peace and courage to live this life trusting in Him. Currently I have planned my return, but who really knows what God really has for me, except God Himself? I love knowing that my life is in the hands of my creator, the One who knows me better than anyone else in heaven or on earth. These two Scripture verses above sum it up pretty well. Life is a journey and God sometimes gives us the map one section at a time.

No comments: