Friday, July 20, 2007

Opposite Days

The past two days could not have been more different! (at school that is). Yesterday I had a class that was absolutely awful. The kids were so rude, at one point, I just didn't know what to do with them. It's not even that many kids compared to our American classes, this class was only about 17 or 18 kids but most of them were just utterly disrespectful to me and each other. I had one table of girls who were quiet and minded their own business and followed instructions. I felt bad that they had to put up with the silliness of their classmates. Today on the other hand I had a delightful class. The class I had this morning made my entire week. After we had finished with some notes and basic stuff to prepare them for the rest of the unit, they asked if they could sing for me! Far be it from to to say no if my students want to sing! So I said, "Yes, by all means, I'd love that!" They sang wonderfully, it was so great. Then they asked if I would sing for them, this made me really nervous, but I did it. I sang Amazing Grace for them and they were so sweet and polite when I finished. I can't tell you how blessed I felt after having such a sweet class today! Yesterday, I pretty much vented everything that was in me in prayer and felt utterly defeated. Today, God heard my prayer and blessed me with a day/class that encouraged me exactly the way that I needed to be encouraged. Praise be to God!

No comments: