Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reflections on this coming year....


Last Saturday I spent the day away at Hot Water Beach, I seriously enjoy this spot because I can surf here and then soak in a natural "spa" or personal sand-pit of hot water. Honestly, it's hard to imagine but think of the huge pits or "lakes" you would dig at the beach as a kid (digging down to the water)...now imagine that water being hot, and in some places boiling hot! Crazy but so cool.

Anyway, this wasn't my typical "day away" beach day and for a few reasons it was a really difficult day. I had lots of time to reflect on life (which can be scary, but sometimes needed) and think about what this next year might hold for me. To be quite honest, I really don't have too much more insight into the coming year, I just know that I have to keep living by faith and trust God as I journey with Him.

Part of that jouney is applying for New Zealand residency. I've probably talked about this on my blog before, but now it's actually happening. I have submitted my expression of interest to the government and it has been accepted, I will now go through the residency application process. I really feel strongly called to New Zealand still and continue to be affirmed that God's not finished with me here yet. I still see God at work all around me and know that He has me here to serve, love, and grow His kingdom.

An element where I see God at work at the moment, is in the lives of women at Cession Community. Last week Sunday a group of 12 of us gathered to begin Beth Moore's study, "Stepping Up, A Journey Through the Psalms of Accent." I am absolutely stoaked at what I already see happening. God is so good! God is going to open up doors for intentional discipleship and mentoring to take place and that is cool to see. As well as women drawing close to God and growing a deeper relationship with Him. Love it!

My school situation is fluid at the moment. I'm ok, but not exactly thriving where I'm at, yet I still want to give my best. I need to stay put for bit while my residency works itself out, so I trust that God is going to work in ways to help me be at peace with my teaching situation at the moment. He will open a new door when the time is right.

In the next couple years I would like to go back to school and get a degree in Music Therapy, so again, my residency has to go through for that to happen here:) I see potential for that to allow me to work more flexible hours and contribute more to ministry and serving the community as well as making a living.

So with that, you can see that overwhelming theme is that New Zealand residency is the next big step for me to make myself avalible to be obediant to God and His direction on my life. So that is what I'm focusing on at the moment. When that is sorted out, I will seek out the next step.

1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

Hey Sara,

I feel like I can definitely relate to your heart's hope for residency. After I graduated in Dec., I felt that God was calling me to Indianapolis. He totally provided a way for me to stay with a couple from my church in Indy (who I met my last semester of school during student teaching in Indy), which has been great. However, every once in a while, I get a reminder that where I am now is not where I will settle. I am a permanent sub at two high schools right now, which has been really good, and I also work at a Language Training Center (which has also, Praise God!, been wonderful). So, while I do have two jobs to help sustain me right now, I know I can't stay there forever; the deadline they gave me was September. About two weeks ago, I just happened to meet a Christian ESL teacher who was looking for a roommate! AMAZING, I know. However, there are two other possible roommates that she is considering as well. The rent and expenses would be minimal -- I just feel like this is such an awesome opportunity! So, while I pray for the answers and for this girl to make a decision that God desires, I am hoping that it is me! I would appreciate your prayers, Sara. I will definitely be thinking about you and the issue of your residence. Once you've lived in a place for a while and grown to love it, it is hard to think it could ever end.
Peace, Mary Sue