Well, yesterday I promised to post about school and ministry today...so here it goes.
Tomorrow the education review board comes to school to do an assessment for three days. This puts a ton of stress on everybody. I'm not exactly sure what to expect but I'm doing my best to stay calm. Choir started last week, and the first rehearsal went ok, I'm hopefully going to have an aid in the classroom with me. Let's just say, the circumstances are not ideal. After my first rehearsal, I was asked to change the time of rehearsals. Frustrating because I handed in my timetable the second week of school. My general classes are going pretty well with the exception of two Year 8 classes. I'm enjoying teaching the ukulele and I'm looking forward to getting the APOPS program started in week six.
CIA on friday went really well and we had a great group of students come along for the afternoon. Something I'm really excited about this year is teaching the kids about the Bible. We are going on a "Journey through Israel" with the kids and teaching them about the different places Jesus walked and taught. One thing I'm working on is teaching them the books of the Bible. We are using trading cards and the kids are going to have to put them all in order and trade with each other in order to get all of them. I finally feel like we are feeding them something of depth. I think the lessons and activities this year are going to be much more intentional about teaching the kids about Jesus and about the Bible. Last year was good but I think it was more relationship building. Redoubt North has also just started, "9:45 Live" which is a kid focused service on Sunday morning before more adult focused service at 10:15. This is all really exciting and I'm praying that God really blesses this new step toward impacting this community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment