Thursday, March 27, 2008

Living in limbo or Living by Faith


Every now and again I feel like I am living in limbo, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm going, or what I should be doing. I know that I'm not actually living in limbo, I'm actually living by Faith. Because I know that Jesus is the Lord of my life, I know that my life and circumstances are all in His hands and plans. I do not need to worry about what's happening tomorrow. I just need to focus on what's happening today. Hebrews 11:1 Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. I am certain that God is in control right now, even through I feel like I have no clue about what's happening around me.

Tonight I was having coffee with a good friend who reminded me to live with the eyes of faith. Live as though Christ is going to intervene and make a way. She reminded me about Moses as he was called upon to lead the Israelites. Little did she know that God has spoken to me in so many ways through the life of Moses.

I am also reminded of Peter, who had to step by faith as he stepped out of the boat, onto the water, towards Jesus. Right now I must keep stepping toward Jesus one day at a time. Each step by faith, knowing that He is who He says He is, I am who He says I am, He can do what He says He can do, I can do all things through Christ, and His Word is alive and active in me. I need to get back out of the boat again and try out my sea legs a bit more.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You're amazing. I love knowing people who actually apply scripture to their lives...And Hebrews 11:1 happens to be my favorite verse! Praying for your sea legs (^_^)

Mary Sue said...

Thanks for this post - it really has resonated with me today. I need to have spiritual eyes each day - to just handle today and ask the Lord to provide today. "He who has called you is faithful and He will do it" 1 Thess. 5:24. Love ya, Sara!