Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home for Christmas

I have absolutely loved being home for Christmas. I just feel so incredibly blessed to spend this time with my family and catch up with some friends. Thankfulness exudes out of me right now as I relish these moments. Like last night singing with my mom. Priceless. Both of us love to sing and my grandparents were over for dinner, so as my mom played the piano and sang with me, we were able to share that gift with them. It actually felt like a movie, I couldn't believe it was real. The living room is decorated for Christmas, my mom sitting a grand piano, me just behind her singing my heart out, the lighting was just right, and we both just sang for the Lord like we've been practicing our whole lives:) I loved it! I sometimes forget how much I enjoy singing, especially with my mom. It's like our voices fit together like a puzzle.

Today I was so incredibly blessed to spend the afternoon with my cousin Megan. We were able to share how the Lord has been working in our lives and enjoy a lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, followed by window shopping in downtown Holland. Loved it!

The day after I arrived back in Michigan we had Christmas parties with both sides of the family. Pretty crazy sequence of events for the first 24 hours being home, but it was good. I told endless stories, showed lots of pictures, and reconnected with family whom I haven't seen in eight months. Praise the Lord.

I hope to post some Christmas pictures soon and show my loved ones in New Zealand some of my loved ones in Michigan. Merry Christmas Everybody.

No comments: