Thursday, December 20, 2007
Evacuate the Building
This afternoon I went to one of my favorite coffee shops to do a little work. This coffee shop happens to be in a large shopping mall, New Zealand's largest actually. It's comparable to the Grandville mall in Michigan. Anyway, I had been there for about 45min when the fire alarm went off and the the loud speaker recording began telling everyone to evacuate the building using the nearest fire exit. It was weird really, nobody panicked, we all just kinda casually made our way out of the building. It was as if we all realized it wasn't really an emergency. However, this mall is huge and people were coming out of everywhere. People at the restaurants were annoyed that they had to get up and leave dinner, I'm sure the people in the cinemas all had to evacuate as well. I decided to go home and not wait for them to open the mall again, I didn't really want to stick around just in case there was an emergency somewhere. I'm thankful that I was able to get out without too many problems. Oh yeah, I finished school today, so I got to evacuate that building today as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment