Friday, May 11, 2007

Mission Bay

Last night I went out to Mission Bay for a time of reflection and processing. I wanted to really think about the experiences I've been having and also just spend some quiet time with the Lord. I was so blessed. It was a peaceful night, not too chilly, and not too many people around. It was just serene. When I got there, I jumped over the stone guard wall just like a kid who couldn't wait to play in the sand. Then I just stood and looked around. Looked at the sea, looked at the coast, looked at the islands(volcanoes), look all around. I listened to the waves and the wind, and the slight sound of traffic not too far away and kids who jumped in the fountain. I was just still and it was good. Then I walked down the coast a bit to the playground and just decided to spend some time swinging and singing, it was wonderful. I feel like it's been so long since I had this kind of evening, so peaceful.

After I spent some time by the water, I went across the street to a coffee shop and had a latte while reading. This was nice too. I found a little cove in the corner of the shop that was kinda like a cave, it was perfect. Once I had finished reading I headed for home. When I got home I wanted to look through my Nooma DVDs for a specific one that I want to share with one of my friends on Sat. While I was looking for that one, I ran across another one that I hadn't watched in a while, so I put it in. I hadn't watched this one in so long that I forgot that it was filmed right on Lake MI. I love the water, especially watching the sunset at Lake MI, so when I saw this, it was like God let me have a little piece of home, just for a moment.

I enjoy a busy life, but I also appreciate the time to slow down and reflect. Last night was one of those times. Praise the Lord.

No comments: