Friday, December 08, 2006
What is a Missionary?....
This was a question from one of my students today. There are a few classes that I will not see next week because I finish up on Wednesday. Though I am totally ready to graduate, I'll miss "my" kids. Some of the kids were asking me where I was going and what I'll be doing. I told them that I was going to be a missionary. One student shouted out, "What is a missionary?" then I had about seven hands go up saying, "I know, I know!!" So I called on "Sally" and she said (with the brightest smile ever) "A missionary is some one who travels all over the world telling people about Jesus!" Obviously there is a ton more to it, but in all reality, it's true. A missionary tells people about Jesus through word and deed. There are missionaries all over the world, here and overseas. Even if you are a Christian who does not have a call to over-seas missions, you are a missionary in your own neighborhood and workplace. "Blessed are the feet of those who bring Good News!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment