Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hills Alive

The Hills were Alive with the sound of music! (the Black Hills that is) This past weekend Rapid City hosted a Christian music festival that was wonderful. I had the opportunity to go on Sunday afternoon and evening. The music was great, time spent with friends was great, and get this, It was FREE! Yeah, this entire event was free and not lacking in big name artists. One of my highlights from the day was Natalie Grant sining the hymn, "In Christ Alone." This is one of my favorite hymns and it has been getting me through the past two weeks of work. I also enjoyed hearing the Newsboys. They were great. One thing that I really appreciated about their show is that they stopped sing for a little bit and gave a message about the living life as a Christian. It really put action behind their music and it was meaningful. However, the music was amazing and I really like the lyrics to many of their songs, they make you think.This was a day that I really needed to spend praising the Lord and resting in Him. I'm so thankful God allowed me to have time to go to this concert. I've been kinda tired for the past couple of weeks and this gave just the energy I needed to keep going. Praise the Lord!

No comments: