Friday, June 30, 2006

Memory Verses

I have always wanted to have the Word of the Lord imprinted on my heart. I have learned verses over the years and memorized bits and pieces every now and then. This summer I am trying to put my desire into reality. My friend Julie and I are working on memorizing chapters of the Bible. This may not seem like to much to those with amazing memories, but for me, this is a huge challenge. I'm not exactly sure why either. I can memorize a song with ease but when it comes to speaking the Word of God from memory, I struggle. Please pray for me on this regard. Currently we are in I John 3. This part of God's Word reminds me that I am His child and that as His child the world will not "know me." I am encouraged by this because the last chapter we memorized was II Cor. 13 and It says that one day I will know fully just as I am fully known (by my Father). I know this is kind of a weird connection, but that is the first thing I thought of when I read I Jn. 3.

So right now I will continue to be persistent and keep trying to memorize and imprint the Word of God in my heart.

No comments: