Friday, June 23, 2006

Genuine--thoughts

What does this mean? I am trying to be a "real" person with the people I work with, live with, and come into contact with throughout my day. At church last night we discussed this at great length. In fact our whole team sat around until about 1:30am learning to be honest with each other. I admit, I struggled with this more than I thought I would. For some reason I find it hard to open up my heart to people that I don't know well and don't know if I'll ever stay in contact with them long term. At the same time, I love the members of the team. We have all become quite close and we are learning how to work together more every day. So now, I think that I'm becoming more comfortable just being me (this is very good:).

But now what does this mean with my roommates? I want to know them, who they are..what they like/don't...what they like to do, read, listen to, eat..,ect. At the same time I want to proclaim the truth of the Gospel because this is what drives me. It is who I am. I am trying to learn how to genuinely care for them and encourage them sincerely so that they will see Jesus. So these are my thoughts on being genuine for now, maybe I'll have more later...

No comments: