A few weekends ago Hannah (my student teacher from IWU) and I went on a spontaneous trip to Queenstown via Christchurch. Tons of fun, crazy adventures and great conversations along the way.
Friday Evening: Fly to Christchurch.
Find our hostel and chill for the evening gearing up for....
Saturday: Driving to Geraldine where we went on a Lord of the Rings tour
Where we went to "helms deep"
Then it was off to Queenstown via a 5hr drive with stunning scenery along the way.
We arrived in Queenstown late Saturday night, scoped out town a bit, grabbed some dinner and slept.
Sunday morning I went for a running worship session and spent the morning in awe of God's splendor.
Sunday afternoon I crossed off the goal of doing the Nevis Bungy (134 meter jump)
Good times! Whooohoooo!
Sunday late arvo we started our journey back to Christchurch to the same hostel we stayed in the first night. Again, we enjoyed beautiful scenery and made a few more stops along the way.
First stop, Lake Wanaka, honestly one of most lovely places, I seriously enjoyed just soaking in God's majesty while sipping a coffee.
We ended our trip with this gorgeous sunset along the way and on Monday morning flew back to Auckland where real life resumed.
Sunday late arvo we started our journey back to Christchurch to the same hostel we stayed in the first night. Again, we enjoyed beautiful scenery and made a few more stops along the way.
First stop, Lake Wanaka, honestly one of most lovely places, I seriously enjoyed just soaking in God's majesty while sipping a coffee.
Next stop, just outside Wanaka, was Puzzling World. We were just a bit late to experience the illusion rooms here but I definitely want to go back here at some stage, we did however conquer the silly maze. The Yellow tower was especially challenging to find for some reason and it took us as long to find yellow as it did blue, green, and red combined! Talk about frustrating.
After this maze we pretty much just drove and enjoyed great convos, Hannah even took the wheel for a bit and managed to stay on the LEFT side of the road:)We ended our trip with this gorgeous sunset along the way and on Monday morning flew back to Auckland where real life resumed.


No comments:
Post a Comment