Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ruth-Trust-Lent

A couple years ago God was intently speaking to me through the book of Ruth. I was in the process of moving to New Zealand, starting a new job, living in a new place, attending a new church and leaving behind most of what I knew as familiar. God was teaching me that He is trustworthy and that He was providing for all my needs(and still is). Anyway, I am needing to go back and study this again. It's been almost two years since I've moved to New Zealand and once again God is teaching me about trust, specifically trusting Him. I have realized in the past few months that I sometimes allow fear to get a grip on my heart and mind. Fear seems to clog my mind and cloud my view of God's power and sovereignty over my life. 

Instead of giving something up for lent to help me focus on Christ sacrifice, I am actually going to intently spend extra time studying this small but influential book of Ruth. I am looking forward to reading it and studying to really impress upon my heart just how much God does look after those who love Him and live by faith in Him. Although, I'm a bit out of practice at writing, I'm going to have a go at writing a reflection paper of what I am learning as God speaks into my life via the book of Ruth. 

How thankful I am that God is willing to teach and re-teach me as I need to learn lessons over and over. In this process, God is also teaching me to be teachable and learn from those around me...not just the things I want to learn, but things I need to learn...these things will reveal themselves as the month goes on. 

No comments: