Thursday, September 11, 2008
Rewarding
Today I had the most rewarding experience at school. I was getting ready to go have a cup of tea in the staff room, when two of my year 8 students that I had first term came to my door. They asked if they could come in and play a song for me that they had been working on. Of course I said sure and man was I ever blessed. This was exactly the kind of encouragement I needed today. I am teaching the year 8's how to play guitar and write their own song. These girls have continued learning the guitar and wanted to show me a song they had learnt together. One of the girls had a guitar when we started and played a little bit, but the other just started learning this year in class. She asked her parents for a guitar for her birthday so she could keep learning the instrument and she has been playing with her friend ever since. This has been by far one of the coolest things I've experienced as a teacher. It was so amazing to see two girls continue with the things I had begun teaching them months ago. This is the type of thing that makes all the headaches worth while and it's a confirmation that I'm in the right place at least for right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment