Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Midweek Murmers
Today I took the choir to another mass rehearsal, only one more until the performance. I am so so thankful for this! These rehearsals are just too long for the kids. They take up most of the school day and leave all of us exhausted. On the bus ride back to school the two boys sitting in front me turned around and started asking me about different church denominations and the differences between them. I was thinking..."What? are you serious Lord? Help me say something helpful Please!!!" I answered their questions the best I could in the short time we had and considering I had a pounding headache. This is one of those situations in which I felt useless, I needed God to speak through me. I knew the answers to their questions, I just couldn't figure out the best way to describe Methodists, Wesleyans, and Baptists in 10 minutes, while using language that 12 year olds would connect with. I covered a couple basic differences and stressed the fact all three of these churches worship Jesus as the Son of God. I pray that God used my weak example today. It's a blessing to know that God doesn't need my help to reveal Himself to other people, and it's humbling to know that He sometimes He uses me anyway. Please pray that I am always prepared for whatever questions come my way, theology, Christianity, music??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment