For the past week I have been covered in planning and preparing to move over to New Zealand. I have been doing my very best not to have a panic attack(haha) about everything that is happening and has to yet fall into place. I love preparing to go, but there are so many details that have to happen just right. I know God is working every single one of those things into place one at a time.
In the back of my head, I have been a little worried about how all of this was going to work financially, at least getting started, once I'm there for a month or two, I'll be fine. But I didn't want to worry about it, so I kept praying and trying to believe that God was going to come through on this detail too, just as he has with so many others.
On Sunday, I was challenged in giving. Not by the pastor, not by any person. I was moved by the Spirit. I knew God was wanting me to give financially to a ministry that was going to further is Kingdom. In my mind, I couldn't figure out how I could afford to do this, but in my Spirit there was no question. So I did. My plan was not to tell anyone about it and just let this be between the Lord and I. However, the Spirit didn't stop there...
Yesterday, I decided I wanted to buy the Nooma DVD series to use for ministry over in New Zealand. I think they will be a great tool to help teens get who Jesus is and His desire to have a relationship with them. So I researched buying the entire set. My plan was to spend about 150.oo bucks on the set. However, when I called Mars Hill, they put me in connection with the distribution center. I went up to Grandville to pick up the series and found out that they were going to give it to me for 75.00 usually this is a 150.00 dollar value from them or close to 200.o0 dollars at a Christian book store!! How awesome is that? Way Awesome!! God is so Good!!!
But the blessing doesn't stop there. Last night I received a phone call to tell me that my initial financial needs were going to be provided for in any way I needed. Wow!! Looking back on what God has been trying to teach me about obedience in the past few years, is now coming to the forefront of my everyday life in Him.
"Praise the Lord oh my soul, All my inmost being, Praise the Lord!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Sara
Lynda told me the great news that you are coming back to Auckland. Reading your blog it sounds like God has taken you right to the wire but then its my impression that he often does. I know he's done that with me many times as I've been working through my studies.
April 17 - wow that is close but I suppose with the next term starting on April 23 you need to get here quick. And the States loss is certainly our gain.
Hang in there and suffer through any more frustrations! It'll all be worth it.
Let us know your arrival time and we'll meet you at the airport
Peter Benzie
Post a Comment