Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hodgepodge

Well this post is going to be filled with many random things that are happening in my life right now. First off, it's a winter wonderland in Holland, Michigan. Over the past two days we've gotten about 16-20 inches of snow(all lake effect). It is really beautiful to look at and ski in but not so fun to drive in. Thankfully I have not been in any ditches or accidents.

Second, I am applying for sub. teacher positions and waitress positions for the next couple of months. I have been actively pursuing a teaching job in New Zealand for the past few weeks and I was hoping to go this month. However, that was not the timing the Lord had in mind. The schools are moving remarkably slow in regards to communication and hiring. I also have a bunch of loose ends in the states that have to get straightened out before I go. Most everything is "in process" so to speak. Meaning, I've done all I can at this point and now it's up to the government to pull through (scary thought). I'm ok with sticking around Holland for a while, I just really need a job now.

I will be spending much of my day tomorrow figuring out just exactly it is that I am passionate about and want to do as a career. You will prob. hear about it more in future posts. There many things that come to mind, but I need to figure out what to do with my life, at least for now.

Third, I got a haircut the other day(actually all of them). This may seem fairly insignificant to many people, however, I have been growing my hair out for a couple of years now and it was as long as it has ever been in my entire life (halfway down my back--all curly). Now, it is layered and up to my shoulders. I was washing it the other day and was like, "hey, where'd all my hair go?!" Anyway, I like it and it feels great.

I guess that the hodgepodge of info on my life that I have for tonight. I have a feeling that I'll have tons of thoughts to put out there tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Amy said...

what happened to Nebraska and SD? I thought you weren't planning to go to NZ until the fall? I can't keep up with you, girl! :)

I'm jealous of all your snow. they keep predicting snow down here and everyone freaks out, and...NOTHING. if it's going to be this cold there at least needs to be SNOW!